What you'll learn
- Delve into the history of racism and inequality in higher education and examine the methods necessary to integrate diversity and inclusion endeavors into programs and institutions
- Develop a deeper understanding of anti-racism and its manifestation within higher education systems, policies, practices, and attitudes
- Discuss and clarify the various components of a practical and sustainable practice of anti-racism in higher education that can be distributed and re-enforced by leadership
- Explore a range of individual and institutional interventions to address racism, as well as learn skills to intentionally engage with a community of support through meaningful dialogue
Work on anti-racism is an ongoing process that should not rest on the shoulders of BIPOC (black, Indigenous and people of color) higher education leaders. Bravely Confronting Racism in Higher Education is a new program that will enable participants to effectively confront issues of inequality and racism within higher education from various perspectives. By the end of the program, participants will have a community of support, a greater sense of empathy, and sustainable practice components for themselves, their units, and to bring back to their community.
Harvard Graduate School of Education
You may also like
- Gain new insights into tools, techniques, and financial concepts that can help you align and support your institution’s strategic...