What you'll learn
- Define the difference between refugees and asylum seekers
- Identify health care needs unique to each population
This HMS CME Online course is 1 of 5 course modules in the Health Care Disparitities: An Introduction program, which is targeted to physicians (both primary care and specialists) and other care providers who need to be aware of these disparities and understand how they may impact the health of individual patients as well as the health of societies. Another target audience is researchers and policy-makers who need to be aware of the social determinants of health and health care and methodologies for studying and addressing these issues.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the registration page.
- Caring for Refugees and Asylum Seekers is organized as follows:
Introductions and Definitions
Migration and Mental Health
Questions to Ask Refugees
Community Fear in Current Political Climate
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Review the appropriate use and limitations of procalcitonin testing in the diagnosis and antibiotic management of infectious...
- Review the appropriate dosing and monitoring of NOACs and their appropriate use in different vulnerable patient populations.