What you'll learn
- Define the general principles of caring for the poisoned patient
- Differentiate specific and crucial points of pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of particular poisonings
- Discuss important medical literature that serves as the underpinning for the rational practice of toxicology
- Develop case-based clinical problem-solving skills
This HMS CME Online course is targeted to emergency medicine physicians as well as other clinicians who practice in an acute care setting (e.g., internists, family practice physicians, pediatricians, hospitalists, and intensivists). Participants will have an opportunity to review and advance their knowledge of current practice patterns and recent advances in clinical emergency medicine.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
- Challenging Cases in Toxicology is organized as follows:
Case 1: Intentional Overdose
Case 2: Unresponsive Patient
Case 3: Nausea, Vomiting, and Mild Abdominal Pain
Case 4: Depressed Male Found Unresponsive
Case 5: Attempted Suicide after a Breakup
Case 6: Weakness, Vomiting and Bradycardia
Case 7: Found Down at Work
Case 8: Female Transferred from Endoscopy Suite
Case 9: Attempted Suicide by Medication
Case 10: Found Unresponsive in a Hotel Room
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Learn about the latest evidenced-based medicine and guidelines for diagnosing, treating, and managing the care of patients with...