What you'll learn
- Develop a new, collaborative leadership style
- Gain critical insights about broad macro-level shifts in organizational design from traditional, command-and-control organizational structure towards a team-centric structure organized for autonomy, agility, and purpose
- Acquire a reliable framework to introduce principles of responsive organizing at a pace suited to your organization’s capabilities
- Learn how to build in individual and team accountability with effective performance management tools
- Create a desirable work culture that attracts and retains high-performing talent, empowers employees, and values entrepreneurship
- Harness the power of leading, self-management models to maximally utilize employee skills, increase productivity, and capture new organizational value
As the business landscape becomes increasingly dynamic and new players enter the market, successful companies are tasked with building their capacity for agility, adaptability, and speed in order to maintain competitive advantage. Business leaders globally are responding by transitioning from a hierarchical organizational structure to more flexible, team-centric models that foster collaboration, information sharing, and empowerment. We call this the responsive organization. With this shift, companies have realized improved productivity, better employee engagement, and increased revenues. In addition, given the increase in remote work, the need to understand how to enable empowerment, decentralized control, and greater collaboration become even more important.
In this online leadership training program, you will explore the current evolution of organizational design from traditional, command-and-control models to a system of empowered networks—and learn about the opportunities to increase your business performance by introducing principles of responsive organizing in your teams and organization.
Through interactive lectures and engaging group exercises, you will cultivate essential collaborative leadership competencies, and gain the conceptual framework, vision, and tools you need to effectively incorporate these principles.
Harvard Division of Continuing Education
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...
- Learn how a Culture of Health can transform your business to improve the well-being of your employees and company, while...