What you'll learn
- Become a more versatile communicator who can work with a diverse range of people
- Foundations of communication
- Tailor your message to your audience
- Manage contentious communication
- Fundamentals of the TALK framework: topic, asking, levity, and kindness
Today's leaders must communicate with clarity, conviction, and compassion. Institutions and the individuals who lead them are being held to account in new ways. That's especially challenging with uncertain business conditions and in an increasingly diverse and contentious world. What's more, interactions have become mostly virtual, making everything from internal management to external collaboration to negotiations harder than ever. In this live online program, you will strengthen your ability to lead and communicate powerfully in different settings—public and private, in person and on virtual communication platforms like Zoom, and through routine or especially difficult interactions. As you discover and sharpen your authentic voice, you will gain new ability to get your message across.
Emphasizing the communication challenges facing business leaders in today's complex environment, the program will help you develop more effective approaches to communicating in a wide range of situations. Through case discussions, in-class simulations, hands-on exercises, and small-group discussions, you will discover and practice the techniques of effective communication. You'll also see many of the techniques discussed in class put into action by the faculty in a series of virtual fireside chats.
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...