What you'll learn
- Building a platform business
- Understanding the unique dynamics and challenges of platform businesses and markets
- Managing platforms as a successful business
- Competing in the age of digital platforms
- Engaging with platforms
- Discovering new frontiers in platform technologies and markets
Without exception, the most valuable companies in the world today are platforms. Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, and many other firms have built their fortunes by facilitating innovation across global ecosystems or enabling the broad exchange of goods and services. There are different paths to success in the digital world, whether a company wants to compete as a new platform or to leverage an existing platform for competitive advantage. This virtual program will show you how to create sustainable value whether you are competing as, with, or against digital platforms.
For business leaders, platforms present enormous opportunities but also pose serious risks. Competing in what have been called "multi-sided markets driven by network effects" is often akin to playing three-dimensional chess. By examining the essential strategic insights of platform businesses and markets, this live online program will help you maximize the value and minimize the costs of creating, managing, or engaging with platforms.
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...