What you'll learn
- Matrix algebra notation
- Matrix algebra operations
- Application of matrix algebra to data analysis
- Linear models
- Brief introduction to the QR decomposition
Matrix Algebra underlies many of the current tools for experimental design and the analysis of high-dimensional data. In this introductory data analysis course, we will use matrix algebra to represent the linear models that commonly used to model differences between experimental units. We perform statistical inference on these differences. Throughout the course, we will use the R programming language.
This class was supported in part by NIH grant R25GM114818.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
You may also like
- How can we eradicate malaria? Explore cutting-edge science and technology, and examine policies needed, to control and eliminate...
- Top chefs and Harvard researchers explore how everyday cooking and haute cuisine can illuminate basic principles in chemistry,...
- Learn how electricity makes the neurons in your brain tick.