What you'll learn
- Articulate how and why equity is central to the work of school improvement
- Build skills to take an equity lens at each step of the Data Wise Improvement Process
- Demonstrate a relentless focus on evidence when collaboratively analyzing a wide range of data sources, including annual standardized tests, periodic formative assessments, daily class work, and observations of classroom practice
- Engage in intentional collaboration by using a Meeting Wise “rolling agenda” and practicing wise meeting facilitation and participation
- Cultivate a shared commitment to action, assessment and adjustment as you develop a plan to launch collaborative data inquiry in a real-world context
With the rise of school accountability, educators report that they are inundated with data about student learning. How can they use this information to support student achievement?
The Data Wise Improvement Process provides a clear, field tested blueprint that teachers and school leaders can use to examine test scores and other student data to catalyze school wide conversations that drive instructional improvement. The Date Wise Leadership Institute prepares school teams to plan a thoughtful launch of this inquiry process in their own settings.
The virtual onsite offering of the Data Wise Leadership Institute addresses similar content and objectives as our on-campus program with a focus on individual school efforts, but takes place in the comfort of your own setting. Through an online learning platform, you will be given the tools to guide your team through the institute, including video mini-lessons explaining key tasks, detailed meeting agendas for your team to follow, and a complete schedule for the weeks that includes live online sessions with Harvard faculty and daily conference calls with your Data Wise coach. Teams will meet together during the weeklong institute, and engage with each other as well as other teams from around the globe through the online learning platform and live online sessions.
Harvard Graduate School of Education
You may also like
- Learn simple graphical rules that allow you to use intuitive pictures to improve study design and data analysis for causal...