What you'll learn
- Define the state of the mental health field with regards to diverse patient populations
- Identify clinical tools that will improve culturally sensitive patient assessment and treatment
- Incorporate racial and ethnic considerations, gender/sexuality, social determinants of mental health, and social justice into clinical case formulation
- Identify culture-based ruptures in the therapeutic alliance and develop clinical strategies to help repair the clinical relationship
- Recognize how implicit bias influences the quality of mental health care
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by Cambridge Health Alliance. This course is targeted to mental health and health practitioners, including counselors, social workers, psychologists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Learn about the latest evidenced-based medicine and guidelines for diagnosing, treating, and managing the care of patients with...