What you'll learn
- Explore the complexity of teaching diverse groups of students
- Understand the principles of Universal Design for Learning
- Discover tools, such as digital text, that make learning more accessible to diverse learners
Why is it important to have inclusive schools? How can students, teachers, and school leaders view this diversity as beneficial for their own learning and the school as a whole?
Ensuring Success for All is an online professional development program for teachers and administrators in K-12 settings. Based upon the research of HGSE Professor Thomas Hehir, a leading international expert on educating students with disabilities, the workshop explores why inclusion matters and how schools can treat diversity as an asset. Participants will explore current research on creating inclusive classrooms as well as the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework. They will look at examples of UDL in practice, including tools that can be leveraged to identify barriers to learning and ensure success for all students.
Harvard Graduate School of Education
You may also like
- Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry. ...
- Discover practical approaches to fostering language and literacy skills among English language learners.