What you'll learn
- Private equity and venture capital overview
- Optimizing decision-making and strategies for exiting investments
- Managing the blocking and tackling of capital raising
- Examining the economics and incentives of general partner and limited partner relationships
- Exploring the impact and future implications of globalization in the investment industry
- Understanding emerging challengers
Raising private capital can be a daunting process, especially for new entrants in the sector. Foundations of Private Equity and Venture Capital delves into the fundamental challenges and best practices for successfully raising a new fund or venture. You will explore the full range of industry models, from venture capital to growth equity to buyouts, as well as the key issues related to investment criteria, management strategies, and decision-making processes.
Providing deep insight into the landscape, players, and trends in private equity and venture capital, this new program boosts your investment expertise at every stage of the deal structuring and fundraising process. You will return to your company with the skills, strategies, and confidence to target the right investors, find the best deals, and raise the capital for your first-time fund.
Through a rich learning experience that includes faculty presentations, case studies, group discussions, and practical exercises, you will develop a broader understanding of the best practices, core issues, and evolving trends in the private equity and venture capital industry. In the process, you will strengthen your problem-solving and decision-making skills and master new approaches to raising and investing capital.
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...