What you'll learn
- Religious and philosophical insights conveyed in Hindu texts
- How scriptures are interpreted to diverse ends in different historical contexts
- Sensitive appreciation of world religions
Ever wondered about the sacred scriptures that have sustained for millennia one of the oldest and most diverse religions of the world - Hinduism? Want to discover the lessons this history may offer mankind in the 21st century?
This religion course introduces the rich and diverse textual sources from which millions of Hindus have drawn religious inspiration for millennia. The Bhagavad Gita has offered philosophical insights to a number of modern thinkers. This course will introduce important passages from important Hindu sacred texts, their interpretations by moderns and will give you an opportunity to engage with them.
Harvard Faculty of Arts & Sciences
You may also like
- A MITx/HarvardX collaboration, this course explores Japan’s transition into the modern world through the historical visual record.
- Explore what makes cities energizing, amazing, challenging, and perhaps humanity’s greatest invention.
- An introduction to the study of bioethics and the application of legal and ethical reasoning.