What you'll learn
- Understand fundamental principles of energy and thermodynamics, and the importance of enzymes in biochemical pathways
- Learn about cellular specialization and how cell functions are explained by the chemical properties and structure of biological molecules
- See how foundational concepts apply in real-life scenarios and clinical settings
A solid understanding of biochemical principles is essential for the practice of medicine, because so many different diseases and therapies have a basis in chemistry and the interactions of molecules.This course focuses on the foundational principles and themes in biochemistry, spanning from the molecular up to the whole organism.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- How can we eradicate malaria? Explore cutting-edge science and technology, and examine policies needed, to control and eliminate...
- Top chefs and Harvard researchers explore how everyday cooking and haute cuisine can illuminate basic principles in chemistry,...