What you'll learn
- Understand how the innate and adaptive immune systems function to protect the body from disease
- Learn what happens when the immune system breaks down, leading to immunodeficiency and autoimmunity
- See how key immunology concepts are linked to the treatment of disease, including through new therapies that harness the power of the immune system
This course features topics integral to studying immunology in a clinically-relevant context. You’ll learn about the processes that enable our immune systems to respond to evolving threats, and learn about new, immunology-based disease treatments. The course is led by Dr. Andrew Lichtman and Dr. Shiv Pillai, professors at Harvard Medical School.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- How can we eradicate malaria? Explore cutting-edge science and technology, and examine policies needed, to control and eliminate...
- Top chefs and Harvard researchers explore how everyday cooking and haute cuisine can illuminate basic principles in chemistry,...