What you'll learn
- Understand how to best navigate the distinct dynamics and leadership challenges of times of crisis, such as the coronavirus outbreak, and significant change
- Effectively lead and motivate the full range of stakeholders in your health care system
- Increase your leadership impact by extending influence beyond your authority
- Get ahead of the decision and action curve to guide and direct a wide range of followers
- Motivate and move your organization through the “arcs of time” that delineate the phases of crisis and change using public health principles and meta-leadership practices
- Improve personal and organizational ability to negotiate, resolve conflict, and solve complex problems
A High-Impact Health Care Crisis Leadership Development Online Program
The COVID-19 pandemic is the most dire public health crisis the global population has faced in recent times. Health care leaders are facing unprecedented pressure to effectively oversee response efforts, provide appropriate care – often with limited resources, support anxious and overstretched staff, and help prove their organization’s resiliency.
Being an effective health care leader during a crisis requires you to engage stakeholders across your system and often influence people over whom you have no formal authority. You need leadership, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills to build stakeholder buy-in up, down, across, and even beyond your organization. This online program will not only develop your leadership skills with a focus on crisis situations like the COVID-19 pandemic, but will also teach you how to engage partners enterprise-wide to leverage cross-functional capabilities in your response efforts, stimulate innovative thinking in challenging times, and ensure your organization’s resiliency.
Crises are too frequently over-managed and under-led. Unlike managers, leaders influence and guide others beyond traditional organizational boundaries. They think broadly and drive action. Strong leadership will allow you to help your team reach optimal outcomes and remain agile, while seizing opportunities and overcoming system-wide challenges to increasing productivity and value.
In this online executive education program, the faculty will draw on decades of experience of engagement with health care professionals and field research on crisis situations, including the current coronavirus outbreak. Through this frame, you will learn proven, pragmatic frameworks, tools, and techniques developed by Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health faculty for bringing together partners with opposing points-of-view, uncovering shared interests, and forging unity of effort. You will build leadership skills to get the right stakeholders to the table, involve them in creating innovative solutions, and create buy-in to make agreements succeed in the face of a crisis.
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...
- Review the appropriate use and limitations of procalcitonin testing in the diagnosis and antibiotic management of infectious...