What you'll learn
- Understand language development in very young children and the role adults can play in developing language skills
- Understand the importance of stimulating talk and questions
- Learn to promote reading and writing through classroom discussion and debate
- Apply research and best practices in language and literacy skills development to your own work
How can the teacher observation process have a greater impact on the day-to-day instruction of math teachers? How can coaching be more specific, effective, and practical in the math classroom?
Improving Math Instruction Through Feedback is an online professional development program for K-12 educators looking to improve instructional coaching for math teachers. Based upon the research of HGSE Professor Heather Hill, the workshop provides strategies for promoting high-quality math instruction and explores the role of school leaders, instructional coaches, and peer teachers in that process. The workshop begins with an introduction to Mathematical Quality of Instruction (MQI), an observation instrument and set of protocols that support teachers, coaches, and principals in analyzing instruction and planning for improvement. You will then practice observing classrooms and engaging in coaching conversations using MQI and other protocols. In the final portion of the workshop, you will explore strategies for using rubric-based coaching with instructional video capture in your own setting.
You may also like
- Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry. ...
- This workshop will provide an in-depth exploration of key components for successful application of the Question Formulation...