What you'll learn
- Strengthen the impact of your corporate board
- Create more effective governance processes
- Contribute more meaningfully to corporate guidance and oversight activities
- Understand the board's role and responsibilities in relation to management
- Design the most effective structure, composition, and processes for your board
- Proactive governance and risk mitigation
Faced with increasingly complex oversight challenges and demands for greater transparency, how can today's boards do more for their companies? In this virtual board of directors education program, you will gain a deeper understanding of the board's responsibilities in areas such as financial resilience, strategic direction, leadership succession, executive compensation, organizational culture, risk management, and sustainability. At the same time, you will learn how to work more effectively with fellow directors and company management to strengthen governance, manage unexpected crises, and make decisions that drive long-term corporate success.
Through a rich learning experience that includes faculty presentations, case studies, and small group discussions, you and your peers will explore the most important strategic and organizational issues facing corporate boards today—and consider how the most successful boards are addressing their challenges. You will emerge better equipped to address the immediate issues presented by the COVID-19 crisis as well as the enduring challenges for corporate boards everywhere.
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...