What you'll learn
- Explain how mindfulness and acceptance-based treatment is grounded in empirically-supported psychotherapy
- Discuss the mechanisms of action in meditation that appear to underlie positive, therapeutic change, such as attention regulation, emotion regulation, and self-compassion
- Describe new research findings on mind/brain training through mindfulness meditation
- Identify the four main forms of meditation— concentration, mindfulness, compassionate acceptance and equanimity—and know when to apply them in clinical settings
- See course registration page for additional learning objectives
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical center's Department of Psychiatry.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
*Register before May 17 to receive the discounted price.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- This course will detail options for the primary care provider regarding screening of and referral for disordered gambling.
- Learn how to become a critical consumer of research and how to improve the design your own research studies.