What you'll learn
- Identify the core teaching elements of the MBCT program
- Define the role of sustained meditative practice in facilitating emotion regulation and defusing negative thought patterns
- Summarize the theme, rationale, intentions and practice skills for each of the eight MBCT sessions
- Discuss the relevance and importance of meditation practice and self-inquiry for the facilitator of MBCT and how this informs the integration of awareness practices within a psychotherapy frame
- Describe the origins and rationale behind MBCT
- Deliver MBCT practices and inquiry at an introductory level
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by the Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Mindfulness and Compassion. This course is targeted to primary care physicians, psychologists, nurse practitioners, specialty physicians and physician assistants. This course may also be of interest to physicians who practice in family medicine, geriatrics, healthcare education and leadership, hospital medicine, internal medicine, lifestyle and mind-body medicine, nutrition, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology and hematology, pain medicine, palliative medicine, preventative medicine, psychology and mental health and psychiatry.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
*The registration fees for this course range from $150 to $1,596 based on registration date and a range of additional factors. See the course registration site for details.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- An overview of recurrent C. diff infections with the steps required for safe fecal microbiota transplantation including:...
- Review the appropriate use and limitations of procalcitonin testing in the diagnosis and antibiotic management of infectious...