What you'll learn
- Explore language and literacy development among language learners, with a focus on how early development is connected to later outcomes
- Discover how age-old instructional strategies and universal screening practices can be leveraged to promote 21st century learning among language learners
- Identify effective ways to partner with families to support children’s learning
- Explore policies that create optimal learning opportunities for language learners
We know that two languages are better than one for children’s cognitive development, so how can we capitalize on the strengths of English language learners while also promoting their ongoing language and literacy development?
The Opportunity of Bilingualism is a new online professional development program for teachers, early childhood educators, literacy coaches, parents, and community-based professionals. Based on the research of HGSE Professor Nonie Lesaux, the workshop provides strategies for promoting language and literacy development in linguistically diverse settings and explores implications for policy creation to support this important work.
You may also like
- Strong Relationships and Interactions is a module within the Certificate in Early Education Leadership.