What you'll learn
- Recognize the kinetics and biology of procalcitonin (PCT), including nonbacterial etiologies of procalcitonin elevation
- Examine the evidence supporting procalcitonin algorithms for guiding antibiotic therapy in patients with suspected respiratory infections
- Analyze the evidence supporting procalcitonin algorithms for guiding antibiotic therapy in critically ill patients with suspected sepsis
This HMS CME Online course is 1 of 7 course modules in the Trending topics in Internal Medicine program, which is targeted to primary care and specialty physicians, pharmacists, psychologists, physician assistants, nurses, and nurse practitioners. Learners may register for each course module in the program separately.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the registration page.
- Procalcitonin in Diagnosing Bacterial Infection: Ready for Prime-Time? is organized as follows:
Procalcitonin in Diagnosing Bacterial Infection
Procalcitonin Overview, Biology, and Accuracy
Case 1: Respiratory Infections
Case 2: Sepsis
The Future of Procalcitonin Use
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Learn about the latest evidenced-based medicine and guidelines for diagnosing, treating, and managing the care of patients with...