What you'll learn
- Secular trends driving demand in housing- age, marital trends, education, job formation, domestic and international immigration- and where to source the data to demonstrate it.
- Market and Asset Identification strategies leveraging commercially available datasets
- Speeding up Underwriting Cycle times- the hidden cost of inflexibility
- Understanding the Macroeconomic & cost of capital context, including inflation/deflation
As commercial real estate investment professionals, we’re called to make wise decisions, yet we’re awash in often meaningless and contradictory information that passes for “data”. But how to sort the wheat from the chaff? How to form an integrated perspective that galvanizes investor interest and enables action and most importantly, results?
We’ll cover global and US-specific macroeconomics, financial market conditions, the drivers of wealth creation in any given society and the role of “place” in it, demographics, societal trends, the dynamics and measurement of regional, local, and neighborhood economies, and then the identification of specific assets most likely to align with the resulting investment strategy. We’ll cover a range of investment strategies, from CORE, Value Add, Distress (and near-Distress), as well as the Development decision, and how and when to pivot between strategies, and we’ll draw from proprietary data sets as well as compilation of existing publicly available data.
Harvard Graduate School of Design
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...