What you'll learn
- Learn tools to anticipate the direction of the real estate market after COVID-19 disruption.
- Learn the theory behind the real estate cycle in order to anticipate its behavior and make rational investment and design decisions.
- Learn how to protect investments from risks while discussing currency hedging, leverage, cross-border portfolio, and the most efficient investment structures.
- Create your own strategic plan to be ready when you are sitting down at the negotiation table.
- Understand how to create and contribute to a successful real estate investment strategic plan.
- Understand the different external factors that can affect real estate investments around the world.
By studying the logic behind real estate cycles, we will learn about local variance, not only by country, but by city, and how each real estate asset type has its own distinct cycle, affected differently by the pandemic. We will examine the specific drivers for all five asset types (retail, lodging, office, industrial, and residential markets); the difference between physical and financial cycles; and the factors that drive competitors to enter or exit a particular market. Through business cases and exercises, we will explore how to take advantage of both expansions and recessions, bullet proof our projects for the next cycle, anticipate and outmaneuver competitors, and assess, measure, and mitigate risks.
We will further address best practices for negotiating real estate deals, with a special focus on cross-border international negotiation. We will discuss different negotiation tactics and strategies, how to avoid common mistakes, understanding your counterpart’s position and BATNA, and the unique challenges that cross-border negotiations pose. Participants will engage in several negotiation exercises where they will be able to practice new skills.
Harvard Graduate School of Design
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...