What you'll learn
- Learn to critically examine media texts
- Practice mindful engagement of media circulation and creation
- Assess content suitability for students from a variety of backgrounds and varying audiences with differing developmental needs
- Analyze media examples to facilitate informal and formal learning
- Examine the relationship between digital technology and civic engagement
Screen-Time Savvy is a four-week online workshop that will help you incorporate social, emotional, and academic development into your learners’ digital learning experiences. Participants will receive research-based guidance and gain perspectives on screen-time use, evaluating content suitability, and media literacy standards – including implications for teaching and learning.
Combining research, theories, and practical experience, the program explores online media through active discussions, readings, reflections, podcasts, webinars, movie clips, and more. This program also enables you to design and develop an online learning experience – unit, virtual lesson, conversation guide – that fits with your learning environment.
Harvard Graduate School of Education