What you'll learn
- Describe an Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) circuit including pumps, filters, tubing, safety monitors, oxygenators, heating and cooling elements, and different variations in the set up
- Recognize and explain the different types of cannulae and cannulation strategies for ECMO
- Appraise and manage cardiogenic shock
- Identify acute lung failure, especially during COVID-19 pandemic
- See the course registration page for additinal learning objectives
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by Massachusetts General Hospital. This course is targeted to Specialty Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Physicians, Perfusionists, and Respiratory Therapists. This course may also be of interest to physicians who practice in Cardiology and Vascular Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Thoracic Surgery, Surgery, Hospital Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, and Critical Care and Trauma.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- An overview of recurrent C. diff infections with the steps required for safe fecal microbiota transplantation including:...
- Review the appropriate use and limitations of procalcitonin testing in the diagnosis and antibiotic management of infectious...