What you'll learn
- Identify, prioritize and quantify the strategic, financial, and talent-related benefits of collaboration across practice groups, offices and other organizational silos
- Assess your firm’s current collaboration barriers in order to develop a targeted approach for implementation
- Understand how to meet clients’ demands for collaborative value-added external counsel. Examine the pressures on in-house legal teams along 4 vectors – within legal, within the business, across functions, outside the company
- Understand one’s own collaboration-related behavioral tendencies and generate a personalized road map for authentically using those strengths to lead more effectively
- Use data, analytics and technology to make measurable improvements and significant ROI on your collaboration-related initiatives
- Develop a road map for enhancing collaboration, which in turn enhances diversity and inclusion
About the Program
PROGRAM DATES: May 10-13, 2021
PROGRAM FEE: $6,000
Special cohort pricing: $15,000 for a cohort of up to 4 attendees. We recommend participants attend as part of a small team from their firm or organization to maximize the impact of the program. Each cohort will receive a 90-minute private coaching session with Faculty Chair Heidi K. Gardner following the program.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 16, 2021
Smart Collaboration Master Class: Create Strategic Advantage and Improve Client Service (Online)
Now more than ever, lawyers must solve increasingly complex problems and provide comprehensive solutions to address their clients’ most pressing strategic issues. To meet clients’ demands for cross-discipline and cross-sector service, many law firms have developed a strategy that hinges on lawyers collaborating across organizational silos.
In Smart Collaboration, Dr. Heidi K. Gardner shows that firms earn higher margins, inspire greater client loyalty, attract and retain the best talent, and gain a competitive edge when specialists collaborate across boundaries. The Smart Collaboration Master Class: Create Strategic Advantage and Improve Client Service focuses on how to capture those benefits. Offering pragmatic, research-backed solutions for implementing collaboration, this master class will prepare you to leverage collaboration as a strategic advantage.
Our Smart Collaboration Master Class is a virtual, synchronous program, focused on how to leverage the core concepts of collaboration to drive business performance.
- Curriculum Topics
- New research on multi-disciplinary collaboration and creating a collaborative culture in law firms.
- Case studies that explore the cultural, behavioral and structural elements underpinning the execution of collaboration
- Tools for analyzing collaboration including tech-enabled solutions and strategic analysis
- Strategies for fostering, engaging in, and leading collaboration in ways that play to individuals’ unique strengths.
- Research on the implications of collaboration on D&I (contextualized within the pandemic)
- Techniques for effective virtual recruiting and improving the success rate of lateral hiring
Harvard Law School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...