What you'll learn
- Identify types of dementia and recognize important parts of the disease process such as ethical dilemmas, caregiver burnout, and palliative care
- Identify steps for achieving successful aging, including mind/body techniques and mindfulness meditation; determine the psychotherapeutic needs of patients who are depressed, hoarders, physically ill, and/or who are in physical pain
- Offer suggestions for working with different types of problems including sexual issues, grief and bereavement, and substance use disorders
- Develop strategies to handle end of life questions and legal issues
This is an accredited, livestreamed course offered by Cambridge Helath Alliance. This course is targeted to Primary Care Physicians, Specialty Physicians, Nurses, Psychologists and Social Workers. This course may also be of interest to physicians who practice in Family Medicine, Geriatrics, Psychiatry, Neurology, Psychology and Mental Health.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Learn about the latest evidenced-based medicine and guidelines for diagnosing, treating, and managing the care of patients with...