What you'll learn
- How to use the WordPress platform
- Ways to customize the WordPress environment
- WordPress relational databases ans programmatically querying the database
- E-commerce solutions and mobile-friendly considerations
- Site migration and maintenance
This hands-on course helps students gain an understanding of how to utilize the WordPress platform to create customized solutions to provide rich user experiences, e-commerce, and mobile-friendly websites.
WordPress is a free, open-source content management system (CMS) powering over 30 percent of all websites. Students hone programming skills by exploring various ways to customize the WordPress environment.
Course topics include programming theme files, adding custom code to a WordPress site, plugin development, programming and using shortcodes, working with the WordPress relational database, programmatically querying the database, e-commerce solutions, mobile-friendly considerations, and site migration and maintenance. Small projects facilitate practice with individual concepts culminating in a comprehensive final project to create a complete website.
You may also like
- In this course, we review use cases and challenges of three interrelated areas in computer science: big data, the Internet of...