What you'll learn
- Make the business case for organizational approaches to worker safety, health, and well-being
- Describe specific enterprise outcomes that improve with improved worker safety, health, and well-being
- Translate successful workplace safety, health, and well-being studies into solutions for their workplaces through improving organizational policies, programs, and practices
- Articulate the components of implementing organizational change efforts to impact worker safety, health, and well-being
- Create worker safety, health, and well-being objectives to drive the development and implementation of action plans within the organization
- Formulate strategic approaches to include others in the organization to create the objectives and implement action plans to reach the program’s stated goals
Work Health and Well-Being: Achieving Worker Health will provide you with the knowledge necessary to apply Total Worker Health® approaches to integrate siloed occupational health, health promotion, and health protection programs. Adopting these practices will ultimately enhance employees’ physical and mental health, minimize work-related injuries and illnesses, and reduce employee health care-related costs.
According to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), Total Worker Health is defined as workplace policies, programs, and practices that integrate protection from work-related safety and health hazards with promotion of injury and illness prevention efforts to advance worker well-being.1
During this online program, the leading experts in the field will help you develop the skills to build a roadmap for integrating your company’s occupational safety and health promotion programs. They will help you master the foundations of health protection and health promotion, examine the value proposition for Total Worker Health with a focus on organizational change models and case studies, and gain the skills to make the business case for Total Worker Health and employee well-being. You will also learn the most effective strategies for implementing organizational approaches to improve working conditions at your workplace.
This program provides you with the skills to:
- Build a roadmap to implement a Total Worker Health approach at your company
- Translate occupational health and health promotion research into practice
- Implement organizational approaches to worker safety, health, and well-being initiatives
- Make the business case for improving worker safety, health, and well-being programs
 What is Total Worker Health?, NIOSH
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...
- Review the appropriate dosing and monitoring of NOACs and their appropriate use in different vulnerable patient populations.