What you'll learn
- Consolidate knowledge of basic and clinical information within obesity medicine to comprehensively diagnose and treat patients
- Optimize the opportunity to pass the American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM) subspecialty examination
This HMS CME Online course is targeted to Primary and Specialty Care Physicians, Psychologists, Physician Assistants, Nurses, and Nurse Practitioners. This course may also be of interest to physicians who practice in Cardiology and Vascular Medicine, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Lifestyle and Mind-Body Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
- Blackburn Course in Obesity Medicine: Obesity Medicine Board Review is organized as follows:
Board Review Session 1
Pathophysiology 1: Pathophysiology of Obesity
Nutrition Assessment and Therapy
Cardiorespiratory Fitness and Exercise
Board Review Session 2
Pathophysiology 2: Neural Control of Energy Balance
Pediatrics 1: Patient Assessment
Pediatrics 2: Patient Management
Lightning Round 1
Board Review Session 3
Pathophysiology 3: Environmental Modulators of Energy Balance
Behavioral Assessment and Therapy
Board Review Session 4
Genetic and Syndromic Obesity
Lightning Round 2
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Review research studies and advancements in topics including bipolar depression, psychopharmacology, comorbid illnesses, and...
- This course will detail options for the primary care provider regarding screening of and referral for disordered gambling.