What you'll learn
- Develop effective pricing strategies
- Benchmark costs compared to competitors through relative cost analysis
- Apply conjoint analysis to understand what features customers value most
- Understand the power of network effects to drive demand
- Identify sources of competitive advantage through differentiation
This is not the economics class you took in college. Economics for Managers takes you inside a growing online retailer, an events ticket broker, a multinational publishing company, and other firms evaluating market demand, wrestling with pricing strategy, and looking to identify ways to differentiate themselves in the marketplace. You will learn to apply the fundamental concepts of economics to critical business decisions and powerful tools to compete successfully.
Offered to incoming Harvard Business School students to prepare them for the MBA classroom, this online course will help you understand how businesses think about pricing and production and equip you to apply powerful ideas like complements and network effects to generate demand. This course also dives into the functioning of markets, the force of competition, and strategies for differentiation.
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...
- Strong Relationships and Interactions is a module within the Certificate in Early Education Leadership.