What you'll learn
- Receive and analyze feedback using a 360-degree emotional intelligence assessment
- Understand emotional intelligence and why it’s becoming increasingly important for leadership
- Use emotional intelligence to improve leadership and build more effective relationships
- Learn tips and tactics to improve emotional intelligence - in yourself and among groups
- Leverage emotional intelligence in managing difficult discussions
- Improve personal and organizational resilience
Emotional intelligence is a powerful component of effective leadership. It’s the ability to recognize and positively manage emotions in yourself, others, and among groups. This 2-day intensive online program is designed to help you gain an honest awareness of yourself and how your behavior impacts others. We’ll move beyond the basics of emotional intelligence to concentrate on using it to build trust, manage difficult discussions, build resilience, enhance team performance, and lead for long-term success.
Throughout the online program, you’ll leverage group discussions, reflective exercises, activities, and a 360-degree emotional intelligence assessment to understand yourself and learn how to make your emotions work for you. Discover how to expand your leadership capacity and create an environment that fosters emotional intelligence.
Note: The online version of Emotional Intelligence in Leadership will be delivered in its entirety over two days (seven hours per day).
Harvard Division of Continuing Education