What you'll learn
- Gain clarity on the speculation and hype of the FinTech landscape in order to better understand how to tackle transformative initiatives and prepare for future financial services priorities
- Analyze and identify the technologies set to shape the future of finance and examine the potential for partnerships between incumbents and new age technology companies
- Explore who is currently adopting and driving financial innovations using real-world examples to assess the changes, disruption and adaptations resulting from the rise of FinTech solutions
- Think strategically and creatively about problems faced by real companies to critically assess the future of FinTech
In recent years, the FinTech landscape has been defined by disruptive digital technology transforming banking and financial services. FinTech companies have successfully filled gaps left by existing financial institutions to serve customers’ changing needs. FinTech has moved beyond the disruption of financial industries and is in the process of being adopted by a variety of financial institutions. The industry is now defined by who will drive this innovation.
The Harvard VPAL FinTech online short course offers an up-to-date look into the FinTech industry. It provides expert guidance and insight into the shifting nature of the financial sector and a holistic understanding of the technologies and innovations set to shape the future of finance and business. It also examines the growth of regulation in the industry, how older institutions are adapting to these changes, and the changing strategies of start-ups to ensure profitability.
Utilizing innovative pedagogical approaches pioneered by the Harvard Business School, this online short course adapts the Case Method Approach for online education by presenting real-life challenges that reflect the complex, ever-changing nature of the FinTech landscape and placing the student in the role of the decision maker to assess engagement and understanding of the topics.
- Reshaping the banking and payments industry
- Raising money with FinTech
- Harnessing data with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Transforming personal finance with FinTech
- Demystifying blockchain and cryptocurrency
- Forging the future of FinTech
Harvard Business School
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...
- Strong Relationships and Interactions is a module within the Certificate in Early Education Leadership.