Course description

Most data scientists spend 20 percent of their time building data models and analyzing model results. What do they do with the remaining 80 percent of their time? The answer is data engineering. Data engineering is a subdiscipline of software engineering that focuses on the transportation transformation and management of data. This course takes a comprehensive approach to explore data science which includes data engineering concepts and techniques. Key topics include data management and transformation exploratory data analysis and visualization statistical thinking and machine learning natural language processing and storytelling with data emphasizing the integration of Python MySQL Tableau development and big data analytics platforms. Harvard Extension School degree candidates can not take both CSCI S-101 and https//extension.harvard.edu/academics/courses/sections/CSCI/29CSCI E-29 for degree credit.

Instructor

  • Director of Master's Degree Program in Information Technology, Harvard Extension School

Associated Schools

  • Harvard Division of Continuing Education

Enroll now.
Take course