What you'll learn
- Tailor learning experiences to account for the backgrounds, abilities, and levels of students knowledge
- Use alternative teaching strategies, such as storytelling, as a method of teaching to engage students and deliver educational content effectively
- Implement active learning techniques and effective classroom design to promote student learning and engagement
- Incorporate active learning techniques within your disciplinary context to address identified learning objectives
- Design a comprehensive curriculum or syllabus, specific to your disciplinary context
Recognizing that your method of teaching is as important as your subject matter is essential. The way you teach has a strong influence on how the content is understood, engaged with, and enjoyed by students.
In this Higher Education Teaching Certificate from Harvard’s Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with, and reflect on your teaching practices, philosophies, and journey.
With a focus on pedagogy, design, professional communication, and language and culture, this course will challenge you to analyze your teaching practices to ensure better alignment with your discipline, personality, and context.
This eight-week course will encourage you to continually improve your teaching practices through sound methodologies, tools, and constant reflection.
- The construction and communication of knowledge
- How learning works
- Creating an inclusive learning environment
- Lesson planning and delivery
- Engaging students
- Course and assignment design
- Using feedback to improve your teaching
- Teaching portfolio preparation
Harvard Faculty of Arts & Sciences
You may also like
- Learn what is involved in using data wisely to build a culture of collaborative inquiry. ...