What you'll learn
- Become a better leader by developing your coaching toolkit
- Help your employees reach their potential, while supporting the goals of the company
- Promote a company culture that supports professional growth and retains talented team members
- Prepare for expanded management responsibilities
- Practice key elements of the coaching process, from contracting to initial meeting to completion
Designed for managers and leaders who have direct reports, this is a foundational online program about the world of coaching. Coaching is a skill anyone can learn and one which we can all improve.
With business moving at breakneck speed, frequent job shifts, and limited in-house training, professionals of all levels grapple with change. As a result, organizations are in dire need of leaders who can guide their colleagues through workplace challenges, help them improve performance, and lead them through career decisions. Leaders and managers who employ coaching as a strategy to address performance, individual and team outcomes, and culture change tend to be more successful. Employees are generally happier working for managers who coach as a part of their leadership style.
This online program offers basic coaching frameworks for internal employees to strengthen their coaching skills. Through lectures, case studies and experiential learning you’ll develop and fine-tune essential coaching skills. Topics covered include how to design a coaching engagement, the role of assessments in coaching individuals and teams, and core principles and qualities to look for when hiring coaches for your company.
Note: The online version of Leadership Coaching Strategies will be delivered in its entirety over four days (3.5 hours online per day).
Harvard Division of Continuing Education
You may also like
- The Introduction to Nonprofit Accounting and Financial Statements webinars provide a great opportunity to learn the basic...