What you'll learn
- Participate in a community of practice
- Develop and expand upon your work currently underway related to teaching, learning, and leading online
- Engage in a supportive action-research process supported by fellow participants to better understand what strategies work for your learners and contexts
- Understand and practice design thinking as an approach to innovative and equitable online teaching and learning
- Continue to deepen your knowledge of strategies for online and blended teaching and learning
Online Teaching and Learning in Action is a six-week virtual workshop that provides those who are teaching, learning, and leading in online and blended environments with a supportive community as you extend, implement, and evaluate your digital practice.
Weekly Content Overview
Each week, you will have the opportunity to engage with the following:
Innovation by Design: Adopt and practice frameworks related to designing for innovation, with an emphasis on data-driven iterative cycles and design thinking for educators.
Research-Based Frameworks: Explore a framework for digital learning. Each week starting in Week 2, we will explore practical applications of the different dimensions of the Community of Inquiry model in action.
Ongoing Discourse: Reflect upon and apply ideas from the weekly content in dialogue with your peers in Yellowdig, a social-media inspired, user-centric discussion forum.
On-Demand Expertise: Access weekly supporting content from experts through pre-recorded or written resources. This asynchronous component of the program provides additional support as you apply and implement new strategies.
Real-Time Interaction: Participate in two synchronous facilitated sessions centered on design thinking which will guide you through the process of interactive brainstorming, ideation, and testing your prototypes.
Moderators will be present to provide technical assistance, suggest additional resources, and recap and highlight key discussion contributions.
Harvard Graduate School of Education
You may also like
- Examine best practices in child and family policies, advocacy, financing, and pathways to scale.