What you'll learn
- Apply up-to-date knowledge and strategies to assess neurological cases
- Define treatment options for patients presenting with stroke
- Determine the relevant and accurate information needed for a neurology consult
The topics in this HMS CME Online course were chosen with the purpose of targeting the increasing disparity between demand and availability of neurologists and empowering health care professionals to increase their comfort level in the referral, recognition, and treatment of neurological conditions.
This course is designed for physicians, hospitalists, neurologists, intensivists, and nurses, who may choose lectures that are relevant to them, or complete the entire module.
Select the Take Course button to view additional information on the course registration page.
- Part 1: Vascular Neurology
Topic 1: Introduction to Ischemic Stroke Syndromes and Acute Treatment
Topic 2: Endovascular Stroke Therapy
Topic 3: Application of the NIH Stroke Scale in Acute Stroke
Topic 4: Spontaneous Intracerebral Hemorrhage
Topic 5: Ischemic Stroke in Young Adults
Topic 6: Subacute Stroke Management
Topic 7: Transient Ischemic Attack
Topic 8: Stroke and Dementia
Topic 9: Caring for Stroke Patients across Language Differences
Topic 10: Targeted Temperature Management
Topic 11: Optimizing Stroke Care: Smashing the Silos
- Part 2: General Neurology
Topic 12: Neurodegenerative Disorders in the Inpatient Setting
Topic 13: Neuroradiology for Non-Neurologists
Topic 14: Dizziness
Topic 15: Altered Mental Status
Topic 16: Seizures
Topic 17: Meningitis
Topic 18: Encephalitis
Topic 19: Neurologic Causes of Generalized Weakness
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- Review research studies and advancements in topics including bipolar depression, psychopharmacology, comorbid illnesses, and...