What you'll learn
- Learn the basics of how inflammation can cause disease
- Gain an understanding of the ways drugs can be used to dampen the inflammatory response, including anti-cytokine therapies and therapies that target immune cells, migration, and signaling
- See examples of how knowledge of the inflammatory response can be used to treat a variety of diseases
Advances in our knowledge of the immune system are uncovering connections between inflammation and many different diseases. Understanding how the immune system is activated and regulated is essential for anyone working to develop treatments for autoimmunity, chronic inflammation, and allergy, or to apply these treatments in the clinic.
This course offers a unique way for professionals to learn about cutting-edge therapies to treat chronic inflammation and related diseases from leading Harvard Medical School faculty.
Harvard Medical School
You may also like
- An overview of recurrent C. diff infections with the steps required for safe fecal microbiota transplantation including:...
- Review the appropriate use and limitations of procalcitonin testing in the diagnosis and antibiotic management of infectious...